Directions for Use
Preparation: Use unheated water for dilution.
Heavy duty scale removal: dilute 1 part product with 1 part water (1:1) or use full strength.
Medium duty scale removal: dilute 1 part product with 4 parts water (1:4).
Light duty scale removal: dilute 1 part product with 8 parts water (1:8).
1. Rinse off all loose scale with pressure sprayer and determine level of scaling.
2. Fill or submerge the equipment slowly into recommended product dilution. Ensure the exposed tubing and walls have been in contact with the solution.
3. Leave the descaling solution in contact for 30 minutes to 4 hours and periodically check scale removal by lightly scrubbing with a bristle brush on all contact surfaces. The amount of contact time will vary depending on the level of scale residue.
4. Spent solution can be reused or poured down the drain with plenty of water. If reusing the dilution liquid, start the process with the most concentrated dilution and the most scaled equipment.
5. Rinse out equipment parts thoroughly 3-5 times with fresh water. Check the final rinse water with pH test strip to match incoming water pH (should be around pH 6). A separate neutralization step is not required.
NOTE: DO NOT let SCALE CLEAN dry on metal surfaces. Rinse surfaces well after descaling. All food should be removed or covered prior to use and food contact surfaces are to be thoroughly rinsed with potable water so there will be no contamination of food as a result of its use.
- Hard surfaces
- Sinks and faucets
- Coffee pots